About the Team
The Systems Quality Assurance team is responsible for the end-to-end verification and qualification of Akamai’s services.
- Perform manual and automated functional tests as well as large-scale system tests.
- Work closely with developers and QA Engineers to design test criteria, test strategy, develop test plans and automation.
- Develop automated tests to replicate real-world scenarios that plug into a regression test harness.
- Review bug descriptions, functional requirements, and design documents.
- Work in parallel on more than one QA project at a time.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Overall Experience: 5 years plus or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Server side QA/Test Engineering.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience developing Perl scripts, shell scripts and test automation.
- MS/M Computer Science degree preferred.
- Domain knowledge in the area of Web server (apache/IIS), proxy server and caching technology strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Media Content Delivery such as Quick Time Server, Windows Media Streaming Server, Flash Media Server and Silverlight is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with streaming codecs and containers is strongly desired.
- Experience in content creation using custom/stock encoders is a plus.
- Good understanding of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies, and techniques in regards to black/white box testing and test automation needed.
- Good knowledge and working experience of UNIX/Linux and Windows Operating System.
- Strong working knowledge of HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP required.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self learning, self motivating and flexibility are some of the attributes needed for this position.